Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Andreas Gursky @ Istanbul Modern (summer 2007)

Today I feel very lucky.
I visited Istanbul's (wonderful) museum of Modern Arts that is very close to my house.
I knew that the famous photographer Andreas Gursky sold his "99 sent" print for $2 million (the most expensive photo in history!) and I wanted to see it by myself. I wanted to go to this exhibition not only because I love photography but also to see if the quality of his work justifies that high price for a single photo. And guess what, it does! (below you can see his famous "99 cent" photo)


My day became even more brighter after the photographic exhibition of a young Turkish-Dutch artist with the name Ahmet Polat and his exhibition "Kimsin sen?" (Who are you?). The lighting of the photos fascinated me and I cannot wait to see more of him.. (below you can see one of Ahmet Polat's photos)



No comments: