Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Boy scouting and I

Now that I'm getting ready psychologically to serve my country as a soldier I remembered the days that I was a boy scout. Days is incorrect... years. 9 full years of active participation in a worldwide youth movement "with the aim of supporting young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development, so that they may play constructive roles in society" wikipedia
I was a little child when I entered with my friends from the neighborhood and until 16 years old I learned to share and give, to obey (good or bad) and to have FUN! Near the end of my boy scouting "career" I became a commander of the boy scouts and I earned medals and awards that few in Greece ever earned (without really deserving them :-). I stayed for hours in the middle of a dark forest in watching-posts and I walked for hours in rain, snow and heat through wonderful forests.
After all those -military like- experiences why I'm "afraid" of the real (?) trial as a soldier?

No comments: