Monday, July 2, 2007

My Top-10 websites

I would like to share with you the websites that I have in the main toolbar of my Firefox browser. These websites are really "vital" for me and I visit them many times per day.
So.. let's start:

1st of all email is the most important service in our days. For this, gmail has everything I need. Large space (almost 3gb and increases every day) and it's extremely fast. Plus it has a wonderful java application to check your emails from your mobile. The 2nd thing I do every day is to check the news from news.google.com. I like it because you can find all the news from all the news sources out there in one page. 3 Another website I like (for world news especially) is bbcnews because they are not exhaggerating (as cnn.com usually does) but it becomes annoying when you read in the main headlines about cricket (that nobody really cares). An alternative could be the guardian.co.uk although you can read even more boring articles for non-UK citizens some times. 4 If you would be interested to read some greek news (well... at least I am :-) the website that you need to know is kathimerini.gr. You can also read the news in english. As an alternative I would suggest a new website e-tipos.com. 5 For turkish news I'm visiting the website of the newspaper Hurriyet. 6 Technology news are vital for me and the website that I recommend is the cnetnews.com. You can even read reviews for the latest electronic gadgets, mobiles etc. 7 For the latest film, music, book and video game reviews there's only one website that I trust and this is metacritic.com. You can find reviews from a quite big nimber of sources. 8 Of course, a top10 should contain the free online encyclopedia so here it is. wikipedia.com. 9 Now we passed to another interesting category. The "sharing" websites. Flickr is the first choice for sharing and viewing (quite interesting) photos while 10 youtube is the No1 choice for video. A runner up for my top10 list could easily be the myspace.com but I really thing that the website has the ugliest interface ever. It looks like an interface from the past decade. But yes, you can do many interesting stuff in there...

That's all from me for now...

No comments: